MAP 1 – PRO is a spray that coats and evaporates on surfaces, but it’s much more advanced than bleach or alcohol. The spray carries millions of polymer nanocapsules that adhere to surfaces and remain there after the carrier liquid has dried. These non-toxic capsules contain a disinfectant that remains in suspension until touched. The heat from a hand or moisture activates the capsules, releasing disinfectant onto the surface. It’s not only effective on coronavirus, but also on other viruses like measles and rubella and potentially dangerous bacteria.
The longevity of MAP 1-PRO will vary based on how often someone touches it, but HKUST says it can last for up to 90 days. The nanocapsules can adhere to hard surfaces like door handles, countertops, and handrails, but it also works on soft materials like fabric, plastic, and more.
Germagic has already applied the material to more than one-thousand low-income homes in Hong Kong. These homes usually have many residents living close together, which makes disease transmission a greater threat. Coating large public areas like schools might cost a few thousand dollars, but that’s not dramatically more than it costs to deep-clean these facilities with traditional disinfectants multiple times per day, as many health officials recommend.
Tested and reported by many authoritative laboratories
HKUST Develops New Smart Anti-Microbial Coating in the Fight Against COVID-19
Researchers at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) have developed a Multilevel Antimicrobial Polymer (MAP-1 Pro) coating that is effective in killing viruses, bacteria, and even hard-to-kill spores. MAP-1 Pro can inactivate* up to 99.99 percent of highly-
infectious viruses such as measles, mumps, rubella, and 99.99 percent of the surrogate feline calicivirus (FCV) – a gold standard for disinfection efficiency and is more resistant than coronaviruses such as the one responsible for the COVID-19 epidemic. Developed by a team led by Prof. YEUNG King Lun, Professor of the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, and the Division of Environment and Sustainability, the new MAP-1 Pro coating is highly versatile with an effective period of up to 90 days. MAP-1 Pro coating provides lasting protection and surface disinfection against microbial contamination.
90 DAY SMART ANTI-MICROBIAL COATING
World’s First now in the Philippines
– Effective to eliminate Covid-19 and 100+ viruses and bacteria >99.9%
– 90 Day Smart Antimicrobial Coating Technology
– Continuous uninterrupted killing
– Won GOLD MEDAL Geneva Int’l Exhibition of Inventions
– Third-party test by global leaders like TUD SUD
ALREADY IN: SINGAPORE, TAIWAN, MACAO, MALAYSIA, THAILAND
Long-acting Intelligent Antibacterial Coating Technology
– Contact Killing: The germs will be killed when they are connected to the GERMAGIC microcapsule coating.
– Release Killing: Slowly activate and exudate gaseous bactericidal ingredients to kill germs.
– Anti-Adhesion: prevent bacteria from accumulating and forming pollution.
– Public Spaces
Coating Process is Touchless Application
Did you know?
– Disinfectants are only good until the liquid solution has dried out. Hence, frequent disinfection on highly touched areas are recommended.
– UVC light and HEPA filters are both proven and effective but could take a longer time to kill viruses.